GOABC is a non-profit society that offers the following core functions to our membership:
- Liability Insurance – Guide outfitters are required to have $2,000,000 liability insurance. GOABC facilitates the purchase of group liability insurance. This volume purchase helps to provide outfitting-specific insurance coverage at the lowest price to our members.
- Security Bond – The province of BC is 94% Crown land. To make any improvement on Crown land, government requires a security bond. Membership with GOABC provides security bond coverage.
- Marketing Support – GOABC helps to promote hunting with our members through the GOABC website, Hunt Finder™, and Mountain Hunter™ magazine.
- Our GOABC website is a high-ranking site that helps to connect potential clients with our members.
- Hunt Finder™ is a marketing tool that helps clients find the hunt they are looking for. This technology sends the potential client’s contact details to all members, giving them the opportunity to respond with their unique offering.
- Mountain Hunter™ magazine is our flagship publication and is sold through subscriptions internationally and retail locations in North America. This popular magazine is mailed to clients who have hunted with a member in the past year. Our members can receive free advertising by submitting their photos for the Guides Gallery or by having their clients write stories of their hunts to share with our readers. Advertising in Mountain Hunter™ magazine is available to our members at competitive rates.
- Industry Advocacy – The leadership of GOABC meets regularly with government to advocate for the betterment of the guide outfitting industry. These efforts include allocation, hunting regulations and any other topic to help improve the business certainty of the industry.
GOABC – In the Media
Read the latest news from GOABC affecting hunting, conservation, and wildlife management in BC.
Does Primary Prey Theory Protect Caribou in BC?
Caribou are listed under the Species at Risk Act (SARA). The long-term conservation and eventual restoration of stable caribou populations are national and provincial priorities
GOABC and SCI Canada Support Science-Based Predator Hunting
As leaders in advocacy for the freedom to hunt and science-based wildlife management, the GOABC and SCI Canada have together put forward their position on
Unlikely allies call on provincial government to protect fish and wildlife
As B.C. faces a biodiversity crisis, a new coalition of unlikely allies is calling on the provincial government to live up to its promises and
New coalition calls on government to re-establish B.C. as a world leader in Fish, Wildlife and Habitat Management
Dire situation for Fish, Wildlife, and Habitat in British Columbia leads to the formation of a new coalition calling for change FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May
The Cutbanks Conversations: Episode 15
The Year that Wasn’t – a look back on 2020 and the challenges of a global Pandemic. A quick review on everyone’s general experiences with hunting and