The Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia was established in 1966 to represent the guide outfitting industry.
GOABC is a non-profit society that offers the following core functions to our membership:
- Liability Insurance – Guide outfitters are required to have $2,000,000 liability insurance. GOABC facilitates the purchase of group liability insurance. This volume purchase helps to provide outfitting-specific insurance coverage at the lowest price to our members.
- Security Bond – The province of BC is 94% Crown land. To make any improvement on Crown land, government requires a security bond. Membership with GOABC provides security bond coverage.
- Marketing Support – GOABC helps to promote hunting with our members through the GOABC website, Hunt Finder™, and Mountain Hunter™ magazine.
- Our GOABC website is a high-ranking site that helps to connect potential clients with our members.
- Hunt Finder™ is a marketing tool that helps clients find the hunt they are looking for. This technology sends the potential client’s contact details to all members, giving them the opportunity to respond with their unique offering.
- Mountain Hunter™ magazine is our flagship publication and is sold through subscriptions internationally and retail locations in North America. This popular magazine is mailed to clients who have hunted with a member in the past year. Our members can receive free advertising by submitting their photos for the Guides Gallery or by having their clients write stories of their hunts to share with our readers. Advertising in Mountain Hunter™ magazine is available to our members at competitive rates.
- Industry Advocacy – The leadership of GOABC meets regularly with government to advocate for the betterment of the guide outfitting industry. These efforts include allocation, hunting regulations and any other topic to help improve the business certainty of the industry.
Today, we continue our mission, representing 60-70% of the guide outfitters in BC. We are proud to be the voice of the guide outfitting industry in BC.
GOABC - In the Media
GOABC’s recent interviews regarding the grizzly bear hunt